Groundnut is a member of sub-family, Papilionaceae of the family leguminous. Its believed to be the native of Brazil to Peru, Argentin...
Groundnut is a member of sub-family, Papilionaceae of the family leguminous. Its believed to be the native of Brazil to Peru, Argentina and Ghana. It was introduced into India during the first half of the sixteen century from one of the Pacific Island of China.
Here are some amazing facts of groundnuts to the body.
- Helps promote fertility; They contain certain good amount of folate. Consuming 400 micro grams of folic acid before and during early pregnancy reduces the the risk of having a baby born with serious neural tube defect by 70%
- Increases sexual enhancement; You will be amazed to know that groundnuts can actually increase your stamina in bed, and make you last longer than what you can imagine. It is said to be the natural man power.
- Helps battle depression; It has essential amino acid, which is important for the production of serotonin. When depression occurs, a decrease amount of serotonin may be released from the nerve cell in the brain.
- Helps in blood sugar regulation; One-fourth cup of groundnuts can supply the the body with 35% of the DV of manganese: a mineral suitable for fat and carbohydrate metabolism, calcium absorption and blood sugar regulation.
- Aids in prevention of cancer; Phytostorols helps protect you against cardiovascular disorders, by interfering with the absorption of cholesterol, which also prevents cancer by inhabiting tumour growth.
- Lowers cholesterol levels; Same nutrients which enhances memory helps lower and control levels. Adding to that, copper, content helps in reducing bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol levels.
- Regulates the risks of heart diseases; Groundnuts are rich in heart friendly mono-saturated fats and antioxidants such as oleic acid, which helps to narrow the risk of heart diseases, as studies has revealed, if consumed regularly It would be advisable to take a handful of groundnuts four times weekly to reduce the chances of any cardiovascular and coronary heart diseases.
Credit to mordernghana.com & newvision.com